HOME Forums McDermott Family Fitness Forum The WORKOUTS!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dgabe88 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Andy McDermott
    Keymaster

So who has done a McDFF Workout already? Let me know how you’re doing! 🙂

Aaron Sullivan
    Participant

A little late to the partie, but just did workout no 1. #knackered

The Durkas’
    Participant

Joined up yesterday (thanks Andy for the help with my email issue!) and did the warm up and went straight to the current workout (#5). Andy, you make it look easier then it is for this old guy!! Great intro back into this type of activity….very pumped to get going on a regular basis ! Lots of ice on the shoulders until they strengthen up a bit….but I had a great time with it ! My wife Marleen and son Ian are going to get going with me this week as well….very cool ! Thanks !!

Andy McDermott
    Keymaster

Fantastic! Sounds like you know what you’re doing, too! I love that you’re motivated to get your “troops” involved- it’s good for everyone and makes training more fun. All the workouts are good also, so feel free to do them in any order. Thanks! -AM

The Durkas’
    Participant

Good Sunday morning Andy to you and the family. Quick question on workout #6 (legs). Since today is Sunday, the “Rest/Recovery/Fun” day…..is this #6 for tomorrows “resistance” Monday’s workout ? I like the Monday through Saturday schedule, as it works well with my work schedule. What say you sir ?

Andy McDermott
    Keymaster

Entirely up to you! Since we are all on different schedules with ever-changing lives, you do what works best for you. I like that schedule too. I’ll keep creating workouts- on your Resistance Day you choose any of the workouts on the blog and get after it! 🙂

The Durkas’
    Participant

Sounds like a plan….Sunday = Rest/Recovery/Family day ! I’ll do that leg workout tomorrow. Stay Safe !

Willson11
    Participant

McD —

I just joined up. Currently recovering from a small fracture / ligament damage to the foot (Men’s League Soccer). What are your thoughts on picking & choosing some exercises to fit my ability level right now? Also…thoughts on combining your workouts with Rack Lifts (bench / squat / etc)?

The Durkas’
    Participant

Good morning McDermotts ! Andy…wood choppers are new to me. What weight would you typically use ? I will scale it from there. Thanks.

Andy McDermott
    Keymaster

Wills! Hey brother, good questions. First, use pain as a guide; if it hurts, don’t do it. Especially something like that, where you need to guarantee enough recovery time or you can easily re-injure.

Second- until you feel 100%, I’d avoid any jumping/leaping/landing with that foot. Substitute in other movements from our Menu- plenty of Lower Body exercises where the foot is in a stable position.

Third- I love the rack lifts too- I add them in sometimes. If you’re feeling the urge, then just sub one in for a similar movement. Example: instead of “Push-ups,” you can sub in Bench Press. Same muscle movers…

dgabe88
    Participant

Just did Workout #9 Exercise ball Push up/under the table pull up/ 45 degree reverse lunge/ plank push up/donkey kick. Got three rounds in 15 minutes. Really excited about this program.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar